MORGAN HILL, Calif. (BRAIN) — Specialized Bicycle Components announced several U.S. leadership team moves in a communication to retailers on May 16.
- Jeff McGuane, general manager for the past 3 1/2 years, will leave Specialized on May 24 to accept the CEO position with Fox Racing. McGuane helped execute global and USA sales strategy while leading the U.S. team.
- Sam Benedict, general manager of U.S. mountain biking, will lead Marketing and Demand Creation. A 12-year Specialized employee, Benedict will have an increased focus on rider conversion from field and digital tactics. He will head all lead generation, promotions, communications, events, athletes and ambassadors within the U.S. marketing team.
- Brandon Hemmig, inside sales manager, will lead Customer Experience. Hemmig has been with Specialized for 10 years. He will continue to work with the Rider Care and Inside Market Development team.
- Colin Daw, regional director of market development, will lead Category and Business Development. Daw has had two stints at Specialized, totaling a little more than four years. Daw will head category teams across Turbo, Road, Mountain Bike, Active and Equipment along with Business Development and Sales Operations.
- Demany Smith, senior strategic accounts manager, will lead Market Development. He has been with the company a …read more