ST. PAUL, Minn. (BRAIN) — Park Tool has announced a complete redesign of its PCS-9 and PCS-10 Repair Stands for the new season.
The home mechanic stands are getting their first major makeover since they were introduced in 2006. The newly named PCS-9.2 and PCS-10.2 stands include:
• Oval shaped upright tubing so the clamps are always oriented correctly over the legs eliminating unwanted movement of the repair stand during use.
• Reshaped and re-contoured clamp parts.
• New leg pivot system featuring struts to keep the legs together as the stand is folded, which also creates increased rigidity while the stand is in use. Legs can now be locked up or down on both stands.
• Both stands use a steel top tube with a composite rotation bearing system providing free and easy rotation and secure locking.
• The PCS-9.2 now features ergonomic knobs for locking and height adjustment, which replace the nut and bolt assembly of the previous model. The PCS-10.2 uses quick releases for locking and height adjustment.
• Both stands now more easily fold for storage and feature increased stability while in use, holding bikes up to 80 pounds.
The PCS-10.2 features Park’s cam-actuated, micro adjustable clamp that allows quick entry and exit. …read more